17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Google Search: Is Top Ramen Ok for Pregnancy?

One of my hobbies besides writing on this blog is checking the stats on this blog. I love seeing the graphs, the pie charts, the maps. It's very addicting. I avoided taking Stats in college but who knows, maybe I would have really liked it.

One of the most enjoyable stats to look at is the google search words that bring new visitors to the site. Search words range from those that make sense and remind me of great old posts to those that are really funny to others that are downright crazy. I hope everyone found what they were looking for!

Oh, if you search for "Is Top Ramen Ok for Pregnancy?" Tales comes up third. We don't provide an answer to this compelling question but you can find lots of other women (including the handful of people who searched for "chopped+olive+sandwiches") who secretly love nasty food.

What's a mommy blog without numerous references to poop? I hope these women found some comfort:

baby+explosive+poop+digestion

daughter+is+smearing+poop+everywhere

cleaning+up+poop+blowout+diapers

poopy+poopasaurus

Then there's always the kinky searches:

sexy+halter+tops+in+metallic+ladies

slutty+mormon+girl

spanked+in+my+20's

women+spanked+in+diapers

tales+sexy+women+kage (it might have been a mispelling but if they really wanted to get to know kage, they should've checked out her personal blog.

This person definitely came to the wrong place:

"i+hate+pregnant+women"

Around here we call it the "pizza dough" stomach:

fat+roll+hanging+

Here's where I start scratching my head:

crazy+mormon+beliefs+deodorant (maybe i'm just out the loop on this one)

will+ferrell+stomach+scar

rc+willey+sucks

steinhart+piano+factory+germany

mothering / hairy+mamas (I know I didn't shave today, but I don't remember posting about it!)

Thanks to all you Google searchers out there. You make up a very small percent of our overall hits, but you make the stats a fun place to cruise.


If you want to test your knowledge of our past 6 months of posts, or have a fun tour through our archives, click on these real visitor searches below to see where they were taken:

mirena+iud+make+ovarian+cyst+worse

walgreens+makeup+find

pregnant+womans+nesting+instinct

mormons+microcredit

sew+a+hooter+hider

10+month+old+boycotting+naps

when+i+should+let+my+kid+quit+piano

dangerous+sport+obsessions

sexy+garments+belly+exposed

being+a+doctor's+wife

autism+puzzle+piece+controversy

what+husbands+really+think+about+breasts

50 most commonly misprounced words


8 Comments:

  • My fave is women spanket in diapers.

    Good to know that we're inspring some bizarre searches!
    posted by Blogger chloe at 6/29/2006 09:59:00 PM  



  • Really Funny, thanks for sharing....I always knew I had a sexy tale.
    posted by Blogger Kage at 6/30/2006 07:13:00 AM  



  • I love to think of people "stumbling" across our blog this way!
    posted by Blogger sunny at 6/30/2006 03:13:00 PM  



  • The crazy Mormon belief about deodorant might be an obsession with cleanliness. I'm Mormon, and I thought about handing out free deodorant on the subway numerous times.
    posted by Blogger Legendary Pink Dot at 6/30/2006 04:44:00 PM  



  • I don't know what is funnier the actual google searches or you searching these out! I love it. Thank you for sharing!
    posted by Blogger Kelly at 6/30/2006 06:14:00 PM  



  • Oh, tracking searches to your site is the best! Some of my favorites to MMW are:
    "organic audio hey mommy you sexy"
    (got sent to a sentence that began "organic fruits and vegetables are the best things to eat"-probably not what he/she was looking for!)

    "why does coconut taste like soap"

    "toddler Inner thigh rash"

    I don't think we helped a single one of these people, so I always wonder why they come, and, more importantly, why they stay.
    posted by Blogger Heather O. at 6/30/2006 07:51:00 PM  



  • This is an email from my sister (from a while ago):

    OK, I was just searching the web for ideas on teaching our children to be modest and I (before very long at all) stumbled on your whatever you call it (the Blogging cradle site). I loved it. You told me about it a long time ago, but I never went there. Then when it came up on the screen I had this funny feeling, of, "this rings this faint little bell from somewhere". I looked under the contributers, and there was Katie, a momx3. Isn't that great. Your gals had a lot of good to say, it was very interesting to me.

    Crib, cradle, what's the difference.
    posted by Blogger Katie at 7/01/2006 06:23:00 AM  



  • I'm glad at least Heather O is there with me in the obsessive stat tracking. THanks!
    posted by Blogger This is Carrie at 7/01/2006 03:25:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home