17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Monday, March 27, 2006

Poopasaurus Rex or Feasting on the Word

A few days before our Disneyland Vacation I told my husband that the 10-month-old baby would be so great on the trip because she is so regular. She poops first thing in the morning, and I could only remember two times that she pooped outside of the house, and we are out and about a LOT. I should have done the whole knock on wood thing, because ever since then my sweet little baby has become Poopasaurus Rex.

It all started with the vacation. It was like the pressure from that plane ride from the East to the West Coast squeezed all the poop out of her system. For two days she pooped every few hours. And we are talking full-out poop. I bought some Target brand diapers while there, just to try them out, and because they were inexpensive (in the event I ended up pitching some to lighten our load on the way home). She pooped out of those diapers more than once. One of those times was in the middle of Sacrament Meeting. Oh was that a loud, fragrant and explosive poop. My husband was in charge of changing it and his words to me upon exiting the building: You choose VACATION to try a new, CHEAP brand of diapers? We then drove to the nearest drugstore and he bought our usual brand Huggies, but not only Huggies, Huggies SUPREME. Needless to say there were no more leaks on the trip, but plenty of poop.

Her streak continues. Every morning she has a diaper full of the nastiest poop ever. And usually once or twice a day now...same nasty poop. And it is always changing. Most of the time it really resembles what she has eaten. I even saw what I am certain was a verse of scripture in her poo the other day...I could definitely make out the word BEHOLD. Yes, one of her favorite snacks (if she can get her hands on it) are the pages of the standard Blue Book of Mormon that I keep lying around to read on the subway. I think she has gotten through the first four pages, but until she has eaten a significant part of Nephi, I will hang onto it.

She also enjoys pooping in the tub. I have to watch her face when she is in there and try to catch her before she destroys the serenity of the bathtub. So here is the question...what is going on? I don't think she eats THAT much food. I give her some organic stuff that I never gave baby #1...does it make that much of a difference that I don't get nice, clean little plops, but a diaper that DEFINES the word SOILED...every single day at least twice? This girl has NEVER been constipated in her whole life. Should I be glad that she is her own little metamucil machine? I am totally grossed out. Carrie has Princess and Pumpkin, I have Pukey and Poopy. Yuck.

PS. I think we might have to change the name of our blog to The Poop Chronicles.

7 Comments:

  • Well, at least she's a cute Poopy. Uggghhh, the joys of mothering...
    posted by Blogger chloe at 3/27/2006 07:17:00 PM  



  • Ahh! The cycles! It is real and it is true. We will go a whole month and #3 will poop in his diaper at least 5 times a day. Then he'll only poop every other day for a month and back and forth. My girls tended to do this too, although #1, in her brilliancy, would ALWAYS (ALWAYS!!!) poop right in the middle of RS and the nursery leaders would bring her to me. It got to be a big joke. "#1 pooped again! It must be RS time!"

    Why does it happen? To make our lives hell. Well, that and who knows? The cycles of the growing child. Maybe the intestines need a little cleaning out every once in a while. Okay, maybe every day. Fine! Maybe every hour. :)
    posted by Blogger Cheryl at 3/27/2006 07:55:00 PM  



  • Be very glad she is a metimucil machine. My little Googie hasn't been able to poop in her diaper since she started solid food at 6 months. By ten months we had her pooping on the toilette because it was the least traumatic way to get it all out. We have to keep her on a laxative just to keep her stools moveable, but they're still to solid to push out in a diaper.

    On the other hand, there are things I am very grateful for. Like, I never have to worry about poop in public, half the time I don't even bring a diaper to church. And I never carry around extra clothes, we just don't need them. We are target brand diaper people and have been since she was 6 months old. (Before that she did tend to blow out of them . . .) I love being able to buy the cheap brand!

    Good Luck!
    posted by Blogger Trivial Mom at 3/27/2006 09:20:00 PM  



  • Feed her ripe (yellow with brown spots) bananas every day and that will slow things down and solidify the problem.
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 3/28/2006 03:51:00 AM  



  • tracy m-maybe the pukey pregnancy is indicative of the type of digestion your baby will have...b/c I had pukey pregnancies.

    gentle reader-that is EXACTLY what Poopy has for breakfast every morning. She eats an entire banana...it is her favorite food not only by taste but by experience. She grabs that half a banana and bites into it with her seven little (sharp-thus the REX part of her name) teeth as fast she can....then goes for the second half...so back to the drawing board on that one.
    posted by Blogger Kage at 3/28/2006 04:35:00 AM  



  • cc-Interesting...she does like to eat a lot of fruit. I should start watching for a correlation
    posted by Blogger Kage at 3/28/2006 11:03:00 AM  



  • I am RoboCrap. Poop is my sworn enemy.
    Thank you.
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 8/21/2006 12:58:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home