17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Parties Part 3: Sex Party

Oh come on...you KNOW you want to click on READ MORE.

So this is another great party idea, that unfortunately I did not invent. And it is possible that the idea is advertised somewhere in the world somewhere (snarkie), so I am not trying to plagiarize...just passing along an idea from a friend of mine who just had her first sex party.

She had her 20-week ultrasound on a Friday and had the doctor place the sex of her baby in an envelope. She then invited her family and friends over on Saturday and instructed them to wear either pink or blue, depending on what sex they thought the baby was going to be. In this case, pink represented girl and blue a boy. I suppose that you could arbitrarily choose which colors represent the sexes.

After all were gathered, she organized the groups with pink on one side of the room and blue on the other. This made it more celebratory when announced b/c the blue team could yell YEAH! if it was a boy and vice versa.

I thought it sounded like a good excuse to get together with family and friends. And a blessing to share with those you love.


11 Comments:

  • Darn it...I thought we were going to get something REALLY juicy.

    Cute idea - I like it.
    posted by Blogger chloe at 3/21/2006 08:09:00 PM  



  • We did something like that with my family when I was prego with DD. I cut out cards for each family member (kids included) and had everyone write down what they thought we were having. Once everyone voted and we announced the sex, the losers had to clean up and do dishes after our monthly family dinner. Lots of fun.
    posted by Blogger Elise at 3/21/2006 10:41:00 PM  



  • maybe I will do that for number three since I decided I want to be knocked out for the birth, so I think I want to know what we are having ahead of time... cute idea.
    posted by Blogger Kelly at 3/22/2006 12:14:00 PM  



  • zinone--so, you're saying there will be a number three...

    For our number four I'm totally having a sex party!! So, am I saying there will be a number four?...can zinone and I be due 5 days apart again!?
    posted by Blogger Katie at 3/22/2006 06:46:00 PM  



  • I think it sounds like a plan. Katie I predict you will have 6 kids, zinone, at least 4....and I hope to be invited to all the sex parties with my 2 kids.
    posted by Blogger Kage at 3/22/2006 07:12:00 PM  



  • OK, count me in for one more and then maybe I'll adopt. So I could throw one sex party - I'll invite you guys over cyberspace!
    posted by Blogger chloe at 3/22/2006 10:41:00 PM  



  • So, was it a boy or a girl?
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 3/23/2006 01:33:00 PM  



  • Wow, kage! You are REALLY optimistic!! And, I've heard you talk about a third...
    posted by Blogger Katie at 3/23/2006 02:41:00 PM  



  • ANON: It is a boy...
    Katie: if I could guarentee a third girl...maybe I would have another. DH is done. But let's face it, he can't live without certain things in his life, so I have a feeling I could "trick" him as we call it whenever anyone conceives: "He/She tricked me!"

    If I had to answer today if I would have another I would say NO...that should tell you how well it's going right now. : (
    posted by Blogger Kage at 3/23/2006 05:28:00 PM  



  • Ahhh, man! Sorry, Kage. It is definitely a "tricky" subject and decision!

    Secondly, what the heck is the problem with those snarklenackle (or whatever) people! I just went to the link and read their post about you. What's their deal!?
    posted by Blogger Katie at 3/24/2006 11:50:00 AM  



  • It's a form of love. Snarkie has a major crush on me
    posted by Blogger Kage at 3/24/2006 12:35:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home