17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Friday, June 27, 2008

You Know You're Done When...


I feel tired. I feel weak. I look at the clock and realize there are at least 3 or more hours until dad comes home to relieve me. *SIGH* I'm so DONE with being a mother today.

I realize I'm done being a mother when everytime I sit down my body feels like its has just run 5 miles and my eyelids start to close on their own.

I know I'm done being a mother when I won't play "tag" when I'm vacuuming. The kids love to run back and forth in front of it and scream and laugh. It's usually really cute, but today it's REALLY annoying.

I know I'm done being a mother when I call DH and beg him to come home early

I know I'm done being a mother when before DH even leaves for work I'm begging "Please don't leave me with them!"

I realize I'm done being a mother when I find myself cooking pancakes and eggs for the third time this week....for dinner.

I realize I am done when both kids are dressed and ready for bed and hour before bed time.

Today, I'm done.



9 Comments:

  • AMEN! You took the words right out of my mouth...I feel the exact same way today!
    posted by Blogger Kacey at 6/27/2008 05:00:00 PM  



  • We've had pancakes and eggs once this week for dinner. I actually like it more at dinner time than in the morning. I think we're having cereal tonight.

    I've cleaned but do not want to cook.
    posted by Blogger Lacey at 6/27/2008 06:04:00 PM  



  • I'm done when I find myself getting almost mad at my baby (9 months) because he is crying and won't go to sleep, even though he is just tired.

    I'm done when it isn't even noon and i've put my 3.5 year old on his bed for the millionth time for time out, for screaming in my face.

    The extreme guilt sets in when he cowers in the corner and says he is having a bad day. I didn't know 3.5 year olds could have bad days.
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 6/27/2008 06:59:00 PM  



  • Today was OK but oh man, do I know what you mean, I have had more than my fair share of the other kind of day. months on end like that.
    posted by Blogger cchrissyy at 6/27/2008 08:15:00 PM  



  • Oh Kristie - I feel you today. I think I did a good job at pulling it together, but it was a constant battle within myself all day to not lose it. I think it's also b/c Thursday & Friday are DH's long days on the set and he doesn't get home until after 10pm. Ugh! Plus I'm starting to think I have a semi-colicky baby. Non-stop crying from 7pm - 8:30pm. Yikes. At least it's the weekend, right?
    posted by Blogger Beth at 6/27/2008 10:28:00 PM  



  • Pancakes AND eggs? I'm impressed. At our house it would be one or the other - not both on a day like that. :) Hang in there - I know how you feel.
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 6/28/2008 02:36:00 AM  



  • so very true! Especially that I am a firs time mother with 2 and a half month old baby. thanks for sharing!
    posted by Blogger Mrs. Thoughtskoto at 6/29/2008 11:08:00 AM  



  • I know I am done when I have told my two year old: "No more talking to mommy" and it's only 10am.
    posted by Blogger This is Carrie at 6/29/2008 04:50:00 PM  



  • Ha! Love it Carrie.
    posted by Blogger Melissa at 6/30/2008 10:40:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home