17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Poopy Strikes Again

Since we are potty-training, it is my great pleasure to recognize the "I am about to poop" face and get Poopy to the toilet.

Almost every day, this is a success, including today.

However, every once in a while there is the more-than-one-poop day. Today was that day.

The girls and I went into the city twice today...once this morning, and then in the late afternoon. Both times, upon arriving home, my little adorable Poopy wanted to stand in the front window of our building between the outside doors and the lobby doors. I let her for a few minutes this morning before we went upstairs.

When she went to go do it this afternoon, I was on my cell, so I just sat in the lobby and let her do whatever she found interesting to do while standing in the window...I like to give my kids their imagination freedom when possible. So, I am sitting there talking to carrie about our local pool and swimming lessons, when Pukey gets her finger caught in the door. I mumble something to carrie about an injury, go to help, bump my hip on the door-OW, I kiss the hurt finger and then I see it.

Poopy has literally you-know-what a BRICK on the window sill. And it is not like a nice compact little thing....it is like Blueberry Stew.

Oh heavens.

By this time, she has stepped in it and walked over to me (about 10 feet) with her blueberry poop stew footprints...and she has blueberry stew juice running down her legs.

Luckily the door man has a few paper towels, some windex stuff and a garbage bag. I clean it up swiftly and I don't even gag...I guess I am pretty experienced at this by now.

Once upstairs, I put her soiled sandals in the sink, close the drain, turn on the water and FORGET ABOUT IT (I have a very shallow sink), until Pukey conversationally states there is a situation....oh no...now we have watered down blueberry stew all over the bathroom. And Poopy strikes again. It is her life's work to poop in as many ways as possible. At least it didn't happen on the subway. Oh my....

What a wonderful end to a wonderful day. Blueberries anyone?

7 Comments:

  • Oh no! That is just...yuck!!! Unfortunately I have too many poop stories to tell. It must come with motherhood.
    posted by Blogger Tandy at 6/28/2007 07:59:00 PM  



  • Ah, yes, blueberry poop. I know that one dearly... however, I have yet to experience it laid on a windowsill. Man... you rock for cleaning that one up without gagging!
    posted by Blogger tracy m at 6/29/2007 05:00:00 AM  



  • I think you take the record for longest potty-training attempt ever! Hasn't it been MONTHS??
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 6/29/2007 08:52:00 AM  



  • anon, I started on April 15th. And I am happy to say that this week I have reached yet another turning point. My daughter has told me she has to use the restroom a maximum of thrice a day....which is MAJOR progress....she is my spirited child, so when big sis took about 3 months to really nail it, I suspect it will take us more like 6 with lil sis....oh well, where we are is WAY better than diapers...
    posted by Blogger Kage at 6/29/2007 01:26:00 PM  



  • Kage-
    I was just curious-did you win that tv hosting position? Was it on Lifetime-the program for everyday, hip moms? I voted several times for you and was just wondering if you won?
    posted by Blogger Ryann at 6/30/2007 05:57:00 AM  



  • ryann...it airs on PBS and Black FAmily Channel. And I am NOT SAVVY Thanks for voting
    posted by Blogger Kage at 7/01/2007 04:16:00 AM  



  • I mean to gloat...my barely two year old was potty trained almost instantly. I sooo dreaded the long drawn out process I went thru with my son so I was procrastinating with my daughter. I went on vacation for three days and when I came home my husband told me she didn't wear diapers anymore. And she hasn't had an accident for three weeks. Do you need to borrow my husband?
    posted by Blogger Unknown at 7/15/2007 11:35:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home