17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Thanks to you, Dad

Beth started a gratitude and fathers post, but I already had a list started about my own father that was too long to fit in a comment. So here it is in it's own post.

Dad, thanks to you:
  • I have to dedicate time each morning to keeping my bushy eyebrows under control.
  • I have a nose that my friends call "defining" and "exotic" and I am still learning to love.
  • I have beautiful dark brown eyes.
  • I had the most interesting science fair projects.
  • My class had the best Homecoming floats every year I was in high school.
  • I only know how to draw horse heads--no bodies.
  • I have to make "candy runs" to satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • I have always known I can do or be anything.
  • I have a softball mitt with handwritten instructions on it to remind me which finger goes in which hole.
  • I have a problem keeping my mouth shut.
  • I am stubborn.
  • I don't like to admit when I'm wrong.
  • I will always fight for what I believe in and stand up for the underdog.
  • I can easily offend people.
  • I am not easily offended.
  • I know food brings people together.
  • I have my own toolbox.
  • I like to learn how to do things for myself.
  • I know how to drive a stick shift and idle on a hill without using the brake.
  • I know what a good bear hug feels like.
  • I love Mentos.
  • I always use the skycap at the airport.
  • I love cop shows.
  • I am very familiar with the layout of the Home Depot.
  • I think suspenders are cool.
  • I'm good at math (or was).
  • I love a buffet--even the Chuck-A-Rama.
  • I love to BBQ.
  • I thought that every dad wore a shirt and tie everyday (even on Saturdays!) unless they were fixing the car. That's when the coveralls came out.
  • It's hard for me to pay for a car repairman, an electrician, a plumber, or a handyman.
  • I dislike chocolate.
  • I am not a sports fan.
  • Boys in HS were to afraid to treat me with anything other than respect.
  • I am terrible at budgeting.
  • I know what it means to give generously and love unconditionally.

  • Dad, you have helped make me who I am. And I like who I am, so thanks.
    I love you. Happy Father's Day.

1 Comments:

  • Carrie, I love this because I get to know you better, but also because I feel like I know your dad a little too. You're getting me thinking on what my list would be like...and for my Mom too.
    posted by Blogger Katie at 6/20/2007 09:35:00 AM  



Post a Comment

<< Home