17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Thanks to you, Dad
Beth started a gratitude and fathers post, but I already had a list started about my own father that was too long to fit in a comment. So here it is in it's own post.
Dad, thanks to you:
Dad, thanks to you:
- I have to dedicate time each morning to keeping my bushy eyebrows under control.
- I have a nose that my friends call "defining" and "exotic" and I am still learning to love.
- I have beautiful dark brown eyes.
- I had the most interesting science fair projects.
- My class had the best Homecoming floats every year I was in high school.
- I only know how to draw horse heads--no bodies.
- I have to make "candy runs" to satisfy my sweet tooth.
- I have always known I can do or be anything.
- I have a softball mitt with handwritten instructions on it to remind me which finger goes in which hole.
- I have a problem keeping my mouth shut.
- I am stubborn.
- I don't like to admit when I'm wrong.
- I will always fight for what I believe in and stand up for the underdog.
- I can easily offend people.
- I am not easily offended.
- I know food brings people together.
- I have my own toolbox.
- I like to learn how to do things for myself.
- I know how to drive a stick shift and idle on a hill without using the brake.
- I know what a good bear hug feels like.
- I love Mentos.
- I always use the skycap at the airport.
- I love cop shows.
- I am very familiar with the layout of the Home Depot.
- I think suspenders are cool.
- I'm good at math (or was).
- I love a buffet--even the Chuck-A-Rama.
- I love to BBQ.
- I thought that every dad wore a shirt and tie everyday (even on Saturdays!) unless they were fixing the car. That's when the coveralls came out.
- It's hard for me to pay for a car repairman, an electrician, a plumber, or a handyman.
- I dislike chocolate.
- I am not a sports fan.
- Boys in HS were to afraid to treat me with anything other than respect.
- I am terrible at budgeting.
- I know what it means to give generously and love unconditionally.
Dad, you have helped make me who I am. And I like who I am, so thanks.
I love you. Happy Father's Day.