17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Life According to Asher (age 2)
My little guy seems to have his own set of rules for life (as do most all 2-year olds, I think). Here are a few of life's rules, according to Asher:
1. Always prepare for the unexpected (On a recent outing, he balanced two matchbox cars, a plastic spoon and knife, his toothbrush and a small stick in his chubby little hands. We think he might be the next MacGyver.)
2. Food tastes better when announced ("Yuuumm....apple....yummy yummy yummy...hot dog...")
3. Sharing is for losers (We need to work on that one.)
4. All I really need to know in life I am learning on Sesame Street (He religiously tunes in to hear the letter and number of the day...as announced by Cookie Monster and the Count...and the rest of his day is mere fluff.)
5. A hug and a kiss will forgive any misdeed. (Yeah...when you are 2-years-old it works anyways...)
6. When in doubt, pass the blame. (Asher's first complete sentence was "Noe [his big brother] did it.")
7. To be dirty is godly.
8. If I close my eyes, no one can see me. (Hide-and-go-seek at our house is a little lame.)
9. Don't forget to stop and smell the roses. (And then pick them...and then crumble them up with your hands and pretend you are the Cookie Monster eating cookies...and then stomp on them with your feet.)
PLEASE tell me this all sounds a little familiar....I hate to think I am raising a little anarchist.