17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Friday, January 27, 2006

Flowers for Mommy

Ever have one of those experiences that make all the kitchen mess, dirty diapers, and crabby kid moments melt away? Here's one--

On our drive to Boston on Dec. 26th, baby Eliza and I waited in the car while Daniel (dh), Andrew, and Abby went into a nice gas station/market place to buy some snacks. While they were in the checkout line ready to go Daniel got Andrew to hold his hand. Andrew turns sweetly to Abby and said "Ok Abby, hold my hand." The couple of folks in line just thought it was too cute. Then as they exit, Abby sees their display of flowers and says, "Daddy, can we get some flowers for Mommy?" That did it. The onlookers were overcome with cuteness. Daniel kindly acknowledged Abby, but left without flowers. Well, just as we're starting up the car Daniel was telling me about Abby's cute comment and at that very moment a nice gentleman runs up to our window. He's holding 2 dozen yellow roses! He says, "Here are some flowers for 'Mommy' and the little girl. I just couldn't resist!" He wished us a merry Christmas and was off. I couldn't believe it! It was the sweetest thing ever.

5 Comments:

  • Tear. SO incredibly sweet. What a wonderful Christmas present from your kids and a total stranger. I love it.
    posted by Blogger chloe at 1/27/2006 01:24:00 PM  



  • that sounded like a scene from a movie.
    posted by Blogger Kage at 1/28/2006 05:01:00 AM  



  • You're doing a great job with your blog. Just keep posting. I check in here every day and I enjoy it, but don't often have time to comment.

    Actually I don't have time today, either.

    I just wanted to let you know I appreciate it.
    posted by Blogger annegb at 1/28/2006 07:39:00 AM  



  • What a touching story! Thanks for sharing it. Most of the time I forget that the "strangers" around me every day are really people too. But, then, there's those moments when we cross borders and see a bit of each other. Most of the time it's wonderful. (not so with many traffic encounters)
    posted by Blogger Belle at 1/28/2006 10:24:00 AM  



  • Very cute story! Growing up, when we went out to eat at a restaurant as a family (I am the oldest of five and we're spaced pretty close together)...occasionally an older couple would come up to us and say something like, "What a lovely family and what well behaved children you have." Even when I was really little, I remember thinking, "Wow...we really fooled those people!"
    posted by Blogger Jen at 1/28/2006 04:55:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home