17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Thursday, January 26, 2006

MXCINL! Huh?

My husband served a mission in Austria, arguably one of the the most beautiful countries on the planet. He took me to visit. I hated it.

My brain hurt the entire trip. I kept trying to read and pronounce and understand every German word I saw and heard. My brain didn’t get that we were in a foreign country and that I wasn’t supposed to know what those people were saying or what that sign meant. I was crabby and grumpy and menstruating (maybe this had something to do with it), the entire trip. Did I mention we went in the middle of December? It was cold.

I am experiencing this brain-hurt again, whenever I comment on a post and have to fill in the word verification. Mxcinl, jpjkvy, gvcojisz! My brain is trying to read and comprehend these words. It is a constant frustration to me and my poor little head. And it has nothing to do with being a mother (although I am certain I have lost a considerable amount of brain cells as a result of reproducing, and this may or may not contribute to the brain-hurt, though the Austria brain-hurt was pre-children). I think I may be mental.

4 Comments:

  • Perhaps you have a form of reverse dyslexia, where your mind tries to make words out of jumbled up letters instead of vice versa...
    posted by Blogger Unknown at 1/26/2006 04:12:00 PM  



  • Ahhh...Austria. While Christmastime in Austria is delightful, I don't think anyone's first visit to the country should be in the cold. It's pitch black by 4:00, and colder than Wisconsin. (Okay, maybe just equally cold.) You'll have to go back in the spring or summer.

    I hate word verification, too, but not as much as I hate spammers.
    posted by Blogger mindy at 1/27/2006 03:32:00 PM  



  • MXCINL is clearly a bit of garbled Roman numerals. Right? Hmm, what were those numbers again? Time to check google.

    Okay, well according to this converter ( http://www.novaroma.org/via_romana/numbers.html ) MXCI is 1091.

    And MXCIL is 1141.

    Alas, the N appears to be a typo . . .

    Now if only I knew what slhasa (my word-verification) means. I swear, some of these word-verifications have been pretty questionable!
    posted by Blogger Kaimi at 1/28/2006 05:24:00 PM  



  • It should really just be called letter verification. I find words in them a lot, but usually of the "if you changed this letter, or added this letter" variety. It is much easier to find a word now that there are more letters. Didn't there only used to be, like, 4 letters? Today I got one with 8! What happened?!
    posted by Blogger Mo at 1/28/2006 06:25:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home