17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Friday, January 27, 2006

How to get that bottom REALLY CLEAN

We spent a few months this summer living with my parents while we were finishing our house purchase. One lovely Saturday, I took off to run some errands, leaving Max with his dad. They frolicked, adventured, experienced life, all was well. And as expected, at a certain point a dirty diaper occured. So Dad sits down to tackle the situation, but in the midst of it runs out of wipes. He then asks my father to go to Max's room and get the backup wipes. Grandpa returns with said wipes, hubby finishes up diaper change, case closed.

Flash to 4 hours later, when I return home.

"Why are the Lysol disinfectant wipes that I bought to clean Max's potty sitting out here?" I ask.
"Um..... Uh-oh." Hubby replies.

5 Comments:

  • LOL. Seriously SO typical. How could he not have noticed? How is your boy's poor bum? I hope that "soft as a baby's bottom" was not replaced with a rashy irritated wasteland.
    posted by Blogger Kage at 1/27/2006 04:59:00 AM  



  • Needless to say, we made sure he got a bath that evening, and he emerged unscathed from the experience. I found it rather entertaining though! I blame my dad more than hubby, but still, if it had been me I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that I was using the WRONG wipes.
    posted by Blogger marian at 1/27/2006 05:03:00 AM  



  • Marian, that's a crack up!! When I was a kid my Dad got his INSIDES really clean when he drank Mr. Clean solution. It was in a glass canning jar and he thought it was peach juice--my mom was actually mopping the floor with it.
    posted by Blogger Katie at 1/27/2006 12:49:00 PM  



  • How did moms and dads ever survive before wipes (of any kind :-)? I ran out the other day...amazingly for the first time....and had to use a wash cloth and I was thoroughly grossed out. It is especially bad here in NY when you can't just throw a dirty washcloth in the laundry.
    posted by Blogger Jen at 1/28/2006 04:52:00 PM  



  • I left my kid with my mom for a little while once, and when I came back, she told me that the wipes I had left her in the Ziploc bag were dry.

    All well and good, except that the wipes I left her weren't in a ziploc bag. They were in a hip small portable Huggies wipes container.

    Turns out she had wiped my son's bum with dryer sheets.

    That was during the laundromat days.
    posted by Blogger Heather O. at 1/30/2006 07:53:00 AM  



Post a Comment

<< Home