17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's September 11th Again

And I am sitting in a house full of boxes and just a few hours left before my internet connection gets turned off while we move from one house to another. September 11th is always a somber day for me, packed full of emotions. Emotions that I try to push back to the dark recesses of my mind where they now quietly live during the rest of the year. Today will be easier to get through because it will be jam packed full of the manual labor and excitement of a move. But I still remember.


Last year we had a great collection of posts devoted to the 5th anniversary of Sept 11th. If you would like to look back on them. You can find them here:

Remembering September 11th - Introduction
How I Experienced 9/11 by Marian
How Can I Forget by Zinone
Journal Entry a Week After September 11th by Brandolyn
Expecting a Baby on 9/11 by Kage
Forever Changed by 9/11 by chloe
I Remember by TftCarrie


3 Comments:

  • Thank you for putting these posts back up. I decided that on this anniversary I will not be watching any coverage but instead will read what my dear friends experienced that day, ready my own entry...and look towards a new day tomorrow.
    posted by Blogger Sara at 9/11/2007 08:16:00 AM  



  • Something is different this year. Maybe I've accepted that it is always going to be a difficult day, that I'm always going to be fragile about this, and in accepting it I've gotten stronger. Or maybe the experience of writing these posts last year was cathartic enough to cause a change. But today was calmer, less painful that it has been in the past. In some ways, I'm glad, and in other ways, it felt incredibly disrespectful to go about my life. Sure, my heart skipped a beat every time I saw the date somewhere (my email inbox, the big clock at the bank, my cell phone screen) and I shed a few tears listening to NPR. But I haven't had the anxiety build-up that usually starts sometime in early August, the tension and the knot in my chest, the paralyzing sobbing at some point on the actual day. Yes, reading back through these posts definitely got me going again, but I wasn't living it like I have before. Am I alone in this feeling of being different? I refuse to call it moving on or healing, it's just... new.
    posted by Blogger marian at 9/11/2007 08:03:00 PM  



  • Same here, Marian. I felt calmer today - resigned that this is how it will be? I don't know...

    I had a nightmare for the first time in years that was all of 9/11 all over again a few months ago- it is still in there, the hurt, fear, disbelief. But time really is helping me and I think it's helping you too....
    posted by Blogger Sara at 9/11/2007 09:01:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home