17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Friday, September 29, 2006

Domestic Randomness


1. Nothing screams "ironing is a woman's job" like this pink iron by Rowenta. Even so, I still really like it. With 100% of the profits being donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation on an iron that will work great (I love Rowenta irons) and looks pretty, what's not to like? But if it means my husband won't touch the thing--it's totally not worth it. I guess we could have His and Her irons? Hmmmm.

2. I just had the opportunity to try a Zucchini "Apple" Pie. What's that you ask? It's a pie that tastes like apple but is made entirely of zucchini. So trippy. If someone hadn't told me it wasn't made of apples, I would have never guessed. Seriously. It' the perfect recipe for a garden overrun with zucchinis and it actually works best with the ones that are a little too big and "seedy" to make anything else.

3. If you happen to crochet or knit and have all this time you don't know what to do with (or you want a little project to keep you awake during General Conference this weekend) check out The Love Scarf Project. It's a new service project I am working on with my ward and the community. If you don't live in my area (LA), you could always consider making scarves or hats to donate to a local hospital or shelter during the holidays.

4. To celebrate the third annual Worlwide Day of Play this Saturday, Nickelodeon is going off the air for three hours to encourage to get out and play. So, go outside and play with your kids!...or do what most other people will do--change the channel to Noggin ;).

Wow---ironing, cooking, needle crafts and parenting skills all in one post. I warned you it would be domestic!

9 Comments:

  • I so would LOVE to have a pink iron! Why? I have no idea, but it's cute. However, it would be hard to justify TWO Rowenta irons in the house, when the one I already have barely gets used!!

    I may knit a scarf this weekend. Thanks for the link.
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 9/29/2006 07:54:00 AM  



  • Just might have to try that pie. There's another recipe floating around that is said to have the Ritz crackers taste just like apples, too. Not so sure about that idea, though...
    posted by Blogger Julie at 9/29/2006 08:33:00 AM  



  • I am going to try to finish a scarf and send it to you.
    posted by Blogger Kage at 9/29/2006 09:51:00 AM  



  • I love that iron...

    My domestic randomness to add was found thanks to Carrie and Marian - Method Cleaner (you can find it at Target) - I especially like the Lavender scent (that's what Carrie has in her kitchen). I LOVE this stuff. Marian told me that I would and I didn't believe her - but I'm now a believer and it really makes cleaning such a joy because it smells SO good. Try it!
    posted by Blogger chloe at 9/29/2006 11:24:00 AM  



  • Needlecrafts can be edgy too - take a look at this that I stumbled across in my design wanderings today - knitta. I love it!
    posted by Blogger marian at 9/29/2006 11:30:00 AM  



  • kage,

    Like you need one more thing to add to your "to-do" list. Just say no to more circles.

    And Julie, I will say once again that the fake apple pie was curious yet delicious.
    posted by Blogger This is Carrie at 9/29/2006 11:42:00 AM  



  • Orick has a breat cancer pink vaccum. I totally told my dh that's what i wanted for Christmas! How much more fun would vaccuming be with a pink vaccum...I will tell you...so much more fun!!! Maybe I need to add the pink iron to the list, oh and have you seen the bubble gum pink standing mixer. I'll probably have to pass on that, just because it won't match the rest of the kitechen decor :-)
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 10/03/2006 01:05:00 PM  



  • Since I do the ironing in my house, I can assure you I would not want a pink one.
    posted by Blogger Jordan at 10/04/2006 11:05:00 AM  



Post a Comment

<< Home