17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Friday, August 04, 2006

Bloggin' Around

I am back from CA, and just browsing some blogs, and wanted to spread the word on a few items.

1. Daring Young Mom is reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. As a result, I started it yesterday. I am about 100 pages in and it is good so far. I think you will like it if you liked Peace Like a River, My Name is Asher Lev, That Bee one that everybody read, Poisonwood Bible, and Girl with a Pearl Earing (two r's?).


2. I really like this post on Superhero Journal, about Word Allergies.

3. My cuz has an interesting, stream-of-thought blog that she recently posted photos on with some great girl's bedroom ideas...not that I will see these come to fruition while I am living in an NYC apt., but I thought it was cute.

4. This blog has a lot of cool and creative ideas for the sewers out there. You might even see a few Tales girls stopping by.

5. This is not a blog, but an interesting "protest" on the A Train in Manhattan...sort of goes along with a few breastfeeding posts from last month on THIS blog. Here it is.

And that's it.

2 Comments:

  • I love the diamonds, that's almost exactly what I am in the processs of doing for my daughter's room right now. Only difference is I am gong over it with a gold veil sheer sponging overlay. Quite time consuming.

    Also I LOVE the refashoning blog- I have liniked to it before through the Tales girl who does it, and it makes me want to just jump into that and start sewing all sorts of cool things for my daughter and me... what a blast! Unfortunately, I have a few too many other creative projects I am juggling so it'll have to be on my "hope to do" list. =)
    posted by Blogger Rachel H at 8/06/2006 09:37:00 PM  



  • A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN is one of my all-time favorite books. You will love it I think. It's an amazing glimpse into a period of time, way of life, and the lives of this group of people in New York. It's like history and a great story in one. It was one of those books that I read and was REALLY sad when I got to the last page.
    posted by Blogger Beth at 8/09/2006 02:06:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home