17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Thursday, December 04, 2008

So Long, Farewell

With blog posts being scarce these last few months and pretty much nonexistent the last few weeks, I am sure it does not come as a surprise that the Tales girls have abandoned the Crib. I figured the least I could do is stop by to say a proper goodbye and say thank you to all our readers for hanging with us. Over the last three years we have had so many enjoyable, controversial, and informative conversations here. It's been a place to maintain the friendships we started in NYC and also foster new friendships with women all over blogland.

But now, it seems us contributors no longer need what this blog provided for us when it began. Back then, many of us were new mothers living in new places struggling to find our support system. I needed the blog to help me ease into my new life away from the city and away from the women who stood by me as I began my new career as mother. Now, our lives are filled new businesses, new children (in fact there are so many new ones, I couldn't keep our header with the right number), new health issues, new homes, new responsibilities and new friends as well as old friends and so it seems it is time to move on.

And while we have abandoned this community blog, the Tales girls have not abandoned each other or blogging. We still keep up with each other through our private MyFamily website and many of us have begun our own personal blogs which you are welcome to frequent.

Thanks to all the contributors and readers for sharing this blogging experience with me.  The blog will continue to stay up as long as blogger hosts it.  I know I come back often to reference things in the archives and I hope you do to.

Hopefully I'll see you around!

Our Personal Blogs

Kristy and The Glass Posse
Helen at Helentoons 
Katie at Every Day
Krista at Lewsclues
Marian at Snapdragon Inn


Our Businesses












21 Comments:

  • Auf Weidersehen!
    posted by Blogger Kage at 12/04/2008 04:22:00 PM  



  • I'm sad...but it was time!
    posted by Blogger Jen at 12/04/2008 04:41:00 PM  



  • I'm sad...but it was time!
    posted by Blogger Jen at 12/04/2008 04:41:00 PM  



  • I'd like to stay, and taste my first champagne....
    posted by Blogger The Wiz at 12/04/2008 05:33:00 PM  



  • Maybe it will help you feel better also knowing that not only was this a positive outlet for all the contributers, but Tales really, really helped me in my new mommy days. You let me guest post (at least once) to help get advice, and re-reading old posts also helped me along the way. Thanks.
    posted by Blogger Miggy at 12/04/2008 06:37:00 PM  



  • I felt it coming too as the posts have dwindled and everyone seems to have moved on... good luck to everyone on the tales crew! Thanks for being a fun read and one of my favorite blogs for the past 2-3 years! (how time flies!)
    posted by Blogger Rachel H at 12/04/2008 06:56:00 PM  



  • I'm sad to see it go. I still read archived posts when I'm wondering on certain topics. Thanks for being one of my favorite blogs while it lasted!
    posted by Blogger rebecca at 12/04/2008 07:59:00 PM  



  • Awww! I'm sad!!! :( I'll miss you guys!
    posted by Blogger Claire at 12/04/2008 08:52:00 PM  



  • sniff sniff...
    posted by Blogger La La Land at 12/04/2008 09:36:00 PM  



  • I just read archived posts the other day when I was searching for new Christmas books for T, and shopping to buy a present for a little girl's birthday party this weekend. Tales contributers and readers helped me so much, and were pretty inspiring. Thanks for three years!!
    posted by Blogger Beth at 12/04/2008 09:54:00 PM  



  • This is not goodbye...just see you around sometime at our personal blogs! Thanks everyone :)
    posted by Blogger Sara at 12/05/2008 11:12:00 AM  



  • I'll miss you guys! Your posts were always interesting or helpful and often both.
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 12/06/2008 03:54:00 PM  



  • Ah, she was a good blog.
    Rest in peace, Tales.
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 12/07/2008 11:34:00 AM  



  • I'll be popping into your blogs-- take care everyone!
    posted by Blogger Melzie at 12/07/2008 11:42:00 AM  



  • Thank you, ladies, for all your posts. I use a lot of Tales advice as a mom and a consumer.
    posted by Blogger EmilyCC at 12/08/2008 05:43:00 PM  



  • awwww. I loved this blog. I'm so sad to see you retire. :-( Thanks for being there for such a long time. Farewell.
    posted by Blogger meems at 12/08/2008 08:47:00 PM  



  • Oh darn..I came a little too late--Im pregnant now and was looking for some type of informative entertain. Maybe I'll start my own group for expecting moms.From the past post I can tell this was a nice blog
    posted by Blogger Just Call Mi BG at 1/10/2009 08:32:00 AM  



  • It makes me sad to see this blog go...I accidentally happened onto it while web browsing and have checked up on it many times since. I am not a mom yet, but the things I have learned from reading this blog have helped me to feel more prepared for when the time does come. Thank you ladies for this blog, for the information, and for the friendship you shared that brought you all together here. I hope everything works out for the best and you all stay in touch.
    --Karen
    posted by Blogger Karen at 1/11/2009 07:20:00 PM  



  • very nice post..Thanks for sharing this with us.But can you provide some more detailsplastic folding tables?
    posted by Blogger Unknown at 1/07/2011 01:50:00 AM  



  • Great article very useful and informative thank you for posting.
    posted by Anonymous digitizing at 4/06/2020 11:10:00 AM  



  • In other words, embroidery digitizing services is using embroidery software to create a machine embroidery design file with a series of commands that tell your embroidery machine how to stitch out that design.
    posted by Anonymous embroidery digitizing at 6/10/2021 10:31:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home