17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Things We've Learned From Disney

My DS is addicted to movies. With each movie he watches, there is always a catch phrase or idea that sticks out for him (and for me). Here they are in no particular order, and please feel free to add your own!


Enchanted: Boys can sing and dance and still be cool (and get the girl).
"We don't push!" (usually shouted by DS when Giselle is pushed into the well).
New York Can be more fun to live in than a fantasy world.

Monsters Inc.: Laughter can give you power
All people look different, but no one is deadly to the touch.

Toy Story: Friends can be found in the strangest of packages.
We all need someone to believe in us.

Finding Nemo: Your greatest joy and fear will be found in parenting.
Forget yourself and just keep swimming.

Bugs Life: Bugs should live OUTSIDE!

Bee Movie: (technically not a Disney, but still a good show)
Bee's don't smoke. Therefore, people shouldn't either. (that's the conclusion DS has come to...yeah!)

Cars: Rusty = interesting.

Pirates Of the Carribean: If you don't brush your teeth, they WILL fall out!
(yes, my DS has actually seen this movie. Judge if you will, but he is a wicked swordsman now!)






3 Comments:

  • Kristie,
    I love these! So many people (myself included) like to find the terrible messages in the Disney films (like the lack of mother figures, the helpless princess syndrome, etc, etc).

    I love the messages you found and will start looking for my own good messages instead of being completely annoyed.
    posted by Blogger This is Carrie at 6/02/2008 12:46:00 PM  



  • That was great.
    My kids have learned that watching a man free his people from the power of God (Prince of Egypt) just can't compete with a snotty race car (Cars) or a naughty Monkey who came from Africa to New York without going through customs (Curious George).

    I'm always amazed that kids don't turn vegetarian after watching kid movies. Finding Nemo, Home on the Range, Charlotte's Web, Babe...
    posted by Blogger Jolene Perry at 6/02/2008 02:45:00 PM  



  • K....sweet....I loved the post. The way I get through the movies is to play GUESS THAT VOICE...especially when I only HEAR them while driving the car. ..but now I have a new challenge---finding the message!
    posted by Blogger Kage at 6/02/2008 05:49:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home