17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Monday, April 21, 2008

Out and About

Since it's inception, there has been an exodus of some of our Queens Girls here. As much as I miss my girls, it has been exciting to see a whole new crop of sweet, young, impressionables move into our area and enrich us by living their lives. Hmmm....perhaps a Tales from the Crib, The Second?

Anyway, one such girl I've got my eye on, and though she is not a contributor here, she is making quite a contribution elsewhere. I am so proud of my friend for being out about her mormonism at such an establishment as Vanity Fair.

If you would like to read her witty Q and A about the LDS peops, click here.


9 Comments:

  • Nice article. Terrible venue. Vanity Fair? Please. The picture of Madonna naked in the sidebar tells it all.
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 4/21/2008 08:00:00 PM  



  • First of all, I love Vanity Fair, and second, I loved the article.

    Thanks for the heads-up Kage!


    (Third, I love Madonna.)
    posted by Blogger Carina at 4/21/2008 08:22:00 PM  



  • I don't think that any venue is a bad venue for clearing up misconceptions about mormonism. If all we can get is interviews in the Deseret News, what good is that going to do?

    I had to laugh about the question about getting married at Disneyworld because my dad had a wedding picture of dh and I in front of the San Diego temple on his desk at work and a co-worker seriously asked him how much it cost him to have my wedding at Disneyland.
    posted by Blogger This is Carrie at 4/21/2008 08:26:00 PM  



  • Love the article! Go girl!
    posted by Blogger Elise at 4/22/2008 12:05:00 AM  



  • I admit, I didn't love seeing Madonna and the other naked movie star right there, but the photo of the temple with a girl and binoculars kind of off-set it....plus being a mormon walking around NYC is pretty much the same as this article landing on vanity fair . com

    in the world, not of it...right?
    posted by Blogger Kage at 4/22/2008 04:27:00 AM  



  • Anon, I love the article, the magazine, Madonna- love it all. Vanity Fair is my favorite publication, hands down.
    posted by Blogger Sara at 4/22/2008 06:38:00 AM  



  • Well-written and funny article. Way to go girl!
    posted by Blogger Mother of the Wild Boys at 4/22/2008 09:24:00 AM  



  • Totally saw Madonna and the irony was not lost on me. However, I thought the article was very, very good. She was funny when she should have been funny, and wise in her internet links. I think people take it too seriously sometimes, and so her take was very refreshing. Very impressed!
    posted by Blogger Cheryl at 4/23/2008 05:47:00 PM  



  • Kudos! That was great.

    I kind of think that people being upset by a picture of Madonna on the same page as the article supports some of people's misconceptions about our religion. It's not like it was a picture of the interviewee scantily clad as she talked about her faith. I thought it was fantastic!
    posted by Blogger Melissa at 4/23/2008 09:40:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home