17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Friday, April 18, 2008

Tales of an Unimaginative Mom

Scene: music class, local community center. The class is singing the last part of Frere Jacques.

Greta: (teacher of 3-year-old Asher's class swaying in her tie dye and unshaven legs) "BE THE BELL! YOU'VE GOT TO TRUST YOURSELVES....JUST BE THE BELL! COME ON GROWNUPS, YOU NEED TO BE THE EXAMPLE TO YOUR KIDS...." Greta is looking directly at Asher's mom.

Asher: "Mama, I'm a bell!" as he sways back and forth so hard he falls over in delight.

Mom: Rolls eyes at Greta and then looks up at the clock for the hundredth time that hour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scene: downstairs playroom

Mom: Walks downstairs to discover Asher has taken the mushy remains of his Life cereal and spread them all over his train tracks. "What did you do?" she asks in a horrified voice.

Asher: "Mudslide!"

Mom: "You are soooo cleaning that up, buddy!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scene: local playground, lovely April afternoon

Mom: "Asher, it's time to go home."

Asher: "Ok. Come on Guys....let's go!" Asher motions with his hand and then heads in the direction of home.

Mom: Looks puzzled as she thought they were alone on the playground. She examines the play equipment up and down for hiding children until it occurs to her that her child has a pack of imaginary playmates.


8 Comments:

  • I love that he has imaginary playmates. That is awesome. And as for the music class, T is in a class that I LOVE and I think it is all about the teacher. She totally relates to the kids without being too cheesy and annoying (like so many other teachers I saw out there when I went to some free preview classes). You're not alone in that one.

    I know how you feel..... sometimes I'm not too imaginative either.
    posted by Blogger Beth at 4/18/2008 01:59:00 PM  



  • I love Asher, he needs to come to my house, he would fit in SO well...........................although, I too do not love messes in the name of imagination....but I will TOTALLY be a bell, at anytime, ANYwhere.
    posted by Blogger Kage at 4/18/2008 05:21:00 PM  



  • DING! DONG!


    SWAY

    SWAY
    posted by Blogger Kage at 4/18/2008 05:21:00 PM  



  • This comment has been removed by the author.
    posted by Blogger Kelly at 4/19/2008 03:27:00 PM  



  • Sorry, I realized I had put my daughters name... didn't know if I should. Anyway, A has had her "friend" for as long as she was talking! She is as real to her as my friends are to me. Not my imaginary ones. I have come to accept her as part of the family. People are so fascinated by this, and I just thought it was normal... there are times though where I wonder is she really imaginary?
    posted by Blogger Kelly at 4/19/2008 03:30:00 PM  



  • I'm not so good at those parent/child classes either. :)
    posted by Blogger This is Carrie at 4/19/2008 03:42:00 PM  



  • Yes, I've heard that having imaginary playmates is normal...healthy in fact...but it still makes me have mommy guilt...like I need to find him more friends or something.
    posted by Blogger Jen at 4/19/2008 08:40:00 PM  



  • I was reading yesterday that invisible friends are guardian angels
    posted by Blogger brenbot at 4/21/2008 12:53:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home