17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
Thursday, January 04, 2007
We Heart Target
I polled the Talesies on this so long ago, that I honestly do not remember which points are uniquely mine, although I am sure it is not the Isaac Mizrahi bathing suit. Anyway, we LOVE Target here at Tales, and would love to know what you love about Target too. And we do not called it Tarjghee' to make it sound more upper class....we think Target is high class just as it is.
1. One-stop, CHEAP, convenient shopping. (Even if Wal-Mart is cheaper,
Target is better organized and cleaner and I just enjoy shopping there more.
The Wal-Mart by my house is always a mess). From cereal to a screwdriver.
2. Inexpensive, trendy styles (I still LOVE my Isaac Mizrahi bathing suit
from two seasons ago, clothes, shoes, bags, sunglasses - you name it -
although I never found any great maternity clothes there). Paul & Joe...and We can FINALLY afford Shabby Chic-Thank you Rachel Ashwell!
3. Sonia Kashuk make-up brushes & EYE MAKEUP REMOVER-the BEST.
4. Method cleaning products--it's like that WIlliam Sonoma stuff, but affordable.
5. I buy most of my drug store items there - best prices I think
6. Target brand products measure up (I like their body wash - compare to
7. Baby everything - especially diapers, nursing pads, sometimes clothes.
8. I think they have the best priced cereal. We always buy dry cereal
9. Holiday stuff is the best and SO CUTE - christmas cards, ornaments,
beach stuff for the summer, etc.
10. Furniture and home stuff is also trendy and fun. The pieces of
furniture that I bought from Target in NYC have survived 3 moves (1 cross
country) and are still in really good condition. They aren't the best
quality ever, but you get what you pay for.
11. The smile it puts on my face. I go to Target and I can look at magazines, books, music, DVD's, pick out a few scrapbooking supplies, check out the shoes, the choxie candy, and grab a fountain drink on my way out. I love Target so much that I am even willing to go up an down the toy aisles with my kids and say No, no, No, no, we're not getting a toy today, no.