17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas in Queens

It's a little strange posting this just as I moved away from NY. Brought back some sentimental feelings--sniff sniff. But, I thought as our tribute to NY for the month of December I'd post a silly poem I wrote for our Christmas card 2 years ago (just a few months after we'd moved to New York City from Boulder, Colorado). Names have been changed to protect the innocent. Here it is,

"'Twas the night before Christmas in Queens."

'Twas the night before Christmas in the Smith''s new abode
Not a creature was stirring, not even the roaches they exterminated a few
months ago.
The stockings were laid on the sofa with care
'Cause their fireplace is back in Boulder somewhere.
The children in bed got to play and to laugh
For they now share a room since square footage is 'bout half.
The house it is cute, but creaky floors give us trouble,
If only car insurance didn't triple while rent's nearly double!
You'd think we complain... and we do once in a while,
But living in NY lets us also live in style!
See, Bobby's been to Ground Zero and Central Park, it's groovie.
Sally saw Santa at Macy's and is in a new infant's movie.
("E.B.'s Adventures"...coming to DVD July 2005)
David's job is awesome, the experience can't be beat
And Katie saw her senior year play, "42nd Street."
They can now get around both by subway and car
Visiting New Canaan and DC--they'll keep traveling afar.
Life's an adventure with their new East coast life
And they wish you a Merry Christmas! And to all a good night!


5 Comments:

  • I of course love this poem. Thanks for sharing!
    posted by Blogger Kage at 12/15/2006 07:32:00 PM  



  • I can't wait to hear next year's poem about
    Harlan, Iowa
    !
    posted by Blogger This is Carrie at 12/17/2006 04:29:00 PM  



  • Katie, we miss you guys. I love this poem I should have copied it for this year. He he...
    posted by Blogger Kelly at 12/17/2006 06:38:00 PM  



  • What a great poem! Christmas in New York. I really miss NYC at this time of year.
    posted by Blogger Melissa at 12/18/2006 07:11:00 AM  



  • Katie,I loved your poem. How was the move? My first Christmas after our move (in March) I couldn't find any Christmas stockings. That was the year we got a movie camera and later I decided maybe I don't want to make a video of my kids Christmas morning...hee, hee. Actually they weren't too bad. My kids think I am so funny...I got really excited to find the stockings this year and I hung them over a real fireplace.
    posted by Blogger Unknown at 12/21/2006 03:03:00 AM  



Post a Comment

<< Home