17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Monday, January 15, 2007

Receiving the "Priesthoods"

Last night, about ten minutes after we had tucked four year old Princess in bed, I heard the little pitter patter of bare feet in the hallway. I hurried from the kitchen to meet her, making sure she was quickly ushered back to bed where she belonged. As we met in the living room, she had a very serious, yet excited look on her face. All she said was "I need to talk to Daddy".

DH exited the kitchen wondering what all the fuss was about.

Princess to Daddy: T and I held hands today and we got the priesthoods. (T is another little girl in her primary class)

Dad: Really?

Now he's looking at me for an explanation. I have no idea what she is talking about and I am trying really hard not to laugh out loud.

Princess to Mommy: Remember mommy? You were there. Today at church. T and I got the priesthoods. (she is very adamant now).

DH looks back at me. He stayed home from church today with a sick Pumpkin so he really doesn't know what she is talking about. I on the other had, was the substitute teacher for Princess' primary class today. We were together the entire 3 hours. I wrack my brain trying to figure out what she could be referencing. I know I pretty much stuck to the lesson manual in class (except for a few added Heavenly Mother references). And girls receiving the priesthood would be exciting enough to risk getting out of bed to announce the news to dad, but I'm sure that's not it.

Princess sees that I am still confused and adds: When we went into the chapel, we each got our own priesthoods.

And that's when I figured it out. Programs. You each got your own programs. You were holding hands and you each got your own sacrament meeting programs (now I remember they were really excited about it). It was a simple case of church word confusion.

Princess (with a slightly embarrassed grin): Oh yeah, that's the word. Programs.

Hopefully T didn't go home sharing the same story about girls receiving the priesthoods to her own family or else they might not ask me to teach primary again.

6 Comments:

  • He he he he he! I LOVE it!
    posted by Blogger chloe at 1/15/2007 09:45:00 PM  



  • Cool....I want you for MY primary teacher, Carrie!
    posted by Blogger Jen at 1/16/2007 06:32:00 AM  



  • Hehe! Church word confusions are the best.
    posted by Blogger Melissa at 1/16/2007 08:26:00 AM  



  • Oh, come on! You weren't teaching them that they could get the Priesthood, too? :)
    Love it.
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 1/17/2007 09:57:00 AM  



  • I love it! First of all, thank you for teaching primary. I'm sure the kids loved you despite what I can only imagine to be your own loose interpretation of church doctrine! You know i'm kidding!
    Anyway, T mentioned nothing about getting her preisthoods....that's because she calls them paper airplanes. By the way, have you noticed that we have the most hard core "priesthoods" hander outer in all of the LDS church? Just try to walk by without taking one!
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 1/17/2007 11:12:00 AM  



  • Marianne,

    The "priesthoods" passer-outer does take his job seriously for sure. He will hunt you down if you sneak by him!
    posted by Blogger This is Carrie at 1/18/2007 07:59:00 AM  



Post a Comment

<< Home