17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Monday, November 06, 2006

Honey Do's

At my house there are certain things my husband is required to do, I would prefer he do, and things he is not allowed to do.

REQUIRED:
Dispose of all rodents and pests
Check on scary noises
Plunge the toilet
Take care of the car
Balance the checkbook
Deal with most of the finances
Clean up the poop and puke part of any poop and puke explosions, if he is present. When he is not....well read all about it here.

PREFER HE DO:
garbage
recycling
laundry
emptying the dishes
do the dishes when I have cooked the meal
fish the poop out of the tub when poopy deposits it there
iron his clothes, but HE PREFERS the non-ironed look

NOT ALLOWED TO DO:
blow dry Pukey's hair
fold the towels
pour me a drink (he only fills it 2/3 full...grrrr)
be in charge of the hamburger helper...he forgets to "stir occasionally"



4 Comments:

  • DH is responsible for:
    Garbage
    Lawn
    Cars
    Bills
    Kitty Litter
    cleaning up after himself

    I usually take out the garbage, DH hired a guy to do the lawn, He taught me how to do the cars, I remind him to pay the bills, I threaten him to get him to do the litter, and I beg him to clean up after himself.

    The catch: He ALWAYS does what I ask him to do. Took me years to get over the fact that I actually had to ask. He will fold laundry, do dishes, sweep and mop, vaccuum and dust, change and bathe kids, etc. everything but toilets, and all I have to do is ask.

    Still wish I didn't have to, though. ~sigh~ I guess it could be WAY worse...
    posted by Blogger Cheryl at 11/06/2006 11:15:00 AM  



  • Tri Mama,

    I with you on the socks. Except for I wish he would just throw his dirty socks on the floor like every other normal person instead of leaving them on the bookshelf, couch or table.

    He takes responsibility for:
    taking the garbage to the street
    taking care of our new mountain bikes and trailer.
    his dry cleaning
    his lunch food
    his car
    And he'll wash the dishes and empty the dishwasher when he's home (which I appreciate so much because I HATE it).

    When he is home for the weekend, we just split up whatever needs to get done or we both ignore it all in favor of doing something fun.
    posted by Blogger This is Carrie at 11/06/2006 11:56:00 AM  



  • my dh does dry cleaning too
    posted by Blogger Kage at 11/06/2006 01:52:00 PM  



  • carrie-
    I had to laugh --I can't get DH to stop leaving his socks on the table in the living room...
    :)
    Oh, tri mama, now I feel guilt...(good guilt)
    posted by Blogger Cheryl at 11/06/2006 09:18:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home