17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Sunday, November 19, 2006

From the Tales Inbox: psych

Ok...this post feels a little like the From the Tales Inbox Series when people ask for our advice.

Here it goes:
Dear Tales Girls & Commenters, I am a working mother who runs around like a turkey with her head cut off. I have barely planned for Thanksgiving, except for going to the parade of course, and now I have arrived at the Thanksgiving week and I wish I had planned an awesome Family Home Evening on Gratitude.

Right now the only idea I have is to cut out a turkey body, and write down what we are thankful for on cut-out feathers and glue them to the turkey to display for the week. I have a 4 1/2 year old and 19 month old (Pukey and Poopy, or their new names, Mary Katherine Gallagher and Kramer)

Can you help me with your ideas?
Thanks, loyal reader and friend

5 Comments:

  • Waaah. The parade. I wish we were going.

    I have not been running around like a turkey with my head cut off and I too would love some help creating a really awesome gratitude lesson.

    What I have come up with so far is very similar to your turkey - just in bouquet form.
    posted by Blogger This is Carrie at 11/20/2006 07:46:00 AM  



  • A few years ago we made gratitude trees with the girls in Achievement days. They took them home to teach FHE with. It's easy-use a small branch from a tree, cut out leaves from fall colored paper and have your family write things they are thankful for on a leaf (one thankful per leaf) and tie them on the branch. Use a container with sand, rocks, rice, or beans to stand the branch up like a tree. We spray painted the branches gold and used small copper craft wire to tie on the leaves!
    posted by Blogger Karen at 11/20/2006 02:56:00 PM  



  • karen, is this similar to carrie's link?
    posted by Blogger Kage at 11/20/2006 05:29:00 PM  



  • Tri Mama,

    I love that idea. I also love the idea of saving it from year to year. Hmmmm. Going to to have to start it next year though. We leave for UT in 15 hours.
    posted by Blogger This is Carrie at 11/21/2006 01:44:00 PM  



  • Kage, make sure you post about the parade after Thursday so we can all live vicariously through you. I just made the mistake of watching "You've Got Mail" while I ironed all clothes coming out of our moving boxes, and it has made me so homesick for NYC, especially NYC in the fall and during the holidays. Some day I'll get back to take my kids to the parade!
    posted by Blogger sunny at 11/21/2006 08:02:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home