17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Good and the Bad of Sunday

The good news was the girls slept in until 8:30 Sunday morning.
The bad news was the baby slept in because, as it turned out, she was really sick.
The good news was dh was able to stay home from church with her
Bad news was he would have stayed home anyway because he woke up sick as well.


So I took Princess to church with me (she started coughing on the way), dropped her off in Primary and headed to RS to teach my lesson (we are one of those wierd wards who have sacrament meeting last).

The good news was my lesson went very well.
The bad news was five minutes into my lesson the heel of my shoe broke off.

After my lesson, I picked up Princess from Primary and took her home to be with the rest of the sickies. I thought about staying home as well but I decided to change my shoes and head back to church. There were a few people I needed to talk to and there were some school supplies in the R.S. closet I needed to pick up for our school supply drive.

The good news was, I got to enjoy one of the most spiritual sacrament meetings quietly, peacefully and completely uninterrupted because I did not have my children with me.

The bad news was, it reminded me how truly amazing and spiritually fulfilling church can be when you don't have to wrangle any children.


4 Comments:

  • Amen sista!

    I can't remember a time that I actually got something out of church meetings. It has been at least 2 and a half years. I have a feeling that will be the case for many more years to come.

    Sorry everyone is sick. I am happy you went back and got your spiritual fill. It will help you take care of all the sickies...
    posted by Blogger Kelly at 9/05/2006 10:27:00 AM  



  • I bore my testimony on Sunday, and it went a little something like this: I am struggling with my two children right now, asking myself why I am doing what I am doing...why do I come to church and why do I try to teach them the gospel? I know deep down somewhere there is a testimony but today the only part of it that I can conjure up is I have a testimony in prayer. I think there is more, but maybe not today, not now...maybe not for a hundred years.

    And of course my little baby grabbed the microphone at one point and gave her two cents too.
    posted by Blogger Kage at 9/05/2006 11:04:00 AM  



  • I love this post - it's just a little snapshot of my life as a mother/woman/person. It's very rare that everything is going my way, there's always a little sour with the sweet, or conversely, a little sweet with the sour.

    Yeah, I'm hoping someday my feelings about church and the feelings I get AT church recover from the motherhood experience, but so far that hasn't happened.
    posted by Blogger marian at 9/06/2006 05:23:00 AM  



  • Thanks Carrie....much needed evidence in support of my cause in convincing my husband to let us "home church." AUGH!!!!! It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...
    posted by Blogger Reluctant Nomad at 9/06/2006 11:36:00 AM  



Post a Comment

<< Home