17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Calling all Minnesotans...

Or anyone with connections to the Twin Cities area! DH has accepted a job in the Minneapolis area--Bloomington to be precise. We are in the process of gathering information about the area and trying to narrow down potential places to live. Does anyone have any contacts who live in the southern suburbs of the city? Apple Valley, Eden Prairie, Lake Prior, Burnsville? Or additionally, in the southern neighborhoods of Minneapolis? (That's a post for another day--trying to decide between the suburbs and city.) Anyway, we'd love to get some insider information. Thanks!

6 Comments:

  • Michelle-

    Our best friends lived there for 7 years.
    She is a wealth of info.
    I know she could give you the ins and outs of the place.
    Email me and I will forward your message to her.
    theabby@gmail.com
    posted by Blogger leakysieve at 4/05/2006 01:52:00 PM  



  • My Husband grew up in Bloomington! He went to Jefferson High school and he has family there still. If you need any more contacts/information we can give you some! email us at rachalice@sbcglobal.net! =) I think I heard that minneapolis is one of the cleanest cities in the country. It's very nice! COLD, but NICE! ;0)
    posted by Blogger Rachel H at 4/06/2006 05:46:00 AM  



  • Sorry, no connection to Minnesota, but congrats to DH for accepting a job. I wonder if this decision will help in sorting out your personal direction. It will at least narrow down the geography when you start looking at your options and opportunities. It is a scary and exciting time to be at the end of one phase of life and on the brink of another. Good luck to your family!
    posted by Blogger This is Carrie at 4/06/2006 09:22:00 AM  



  • I grew up in Rochester and I love, love, LOVE Minnesota. It's a beautiful place with friendly people (maybe I'm a tad biased). I hope you have been listening to the Prairie Home Companion to become acquainted with some of the cultural aspects of being a Minnesotan (you'll have to disregard Garrison Keillor's political rants). What I love about Minnesotans is that if it's cold out, they put on a hat and boots - they don't think, "Oh no, my hair!" and freeze themselves. There are a million things to do in MSP, summer or winter. It's a great place to have a family. Congratulations on the job, too!
    posted by Blogger Erin at 4/06/2006 09:43:00 AM  



  • I took a trip to Minneapolis when I was 14. I had such a great time. There are so many lakes and parks. The city has a nice midwestern character to it. I enjoyed the mall of america and my mom and I got our ears double pierced there (to remember our trip)....unfortunately my Dad made us take them out when we got home. Maybe he knew the prophet was going to rid us of them a few years later.
    posted by Blogger Kage at 4/07/2006 05:26:00 AM  



  • Sorry Michelle, I don't know any Minnesotans but congrats on the new job and move for your family!
    posted by Blogger chloe at 4/07/2006 02:02:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home