17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Man on the Bus


The crazy old man on the bus was sitting a few rows away from me, it was a relatively empty bus. An older woman right across from me was calling my baby "Miss America" and a "Real Live Doll". The crazy old man said I was still in fantasy land because the baby didn’t talk back yet.

Yup, I was right…crazy.

Then I said "I have a four year old so I know what I'm in for." He said boys were worse than girls. I said, (in that "I'm annoyed", "my child is so spoiled" tone) "My daughter thinks she’s a princess." He said "She is a princess. I wish more girls knew they were princesses."

Hmmm. My snap-judgment was wrong. Wise Old Man.

5 Comments:

  • So true. One of the three Nephites in disguise?? (maybe if you just ignored the comments about back talk and boys. . )
    posted by Blogger wendysue at 1/12/2006 12:26:00 PM  



  • I miss those crazy old NYC people, doling out comments, advice, whatever. Lots of "God Bless" as we walked around our neighborhood.

    And of course they're princesses :)
    posted by Blogger chloe at 1/12/2006 03:51:00 PM  



  • I love this post! I've had a few similar experiences, I wish I would have written them down!

    Then there was the guy on the train next to me the other day shouting "WE WILL, WE WILL ROCK YOU!" all the way from Astoria Blvd to 5th Ave.
    posted by Blogger Jen at 1/12/2006 04:33:00 PM  



  • When we lived in North Carolina total strangers would always, always talk to us and give us advice about our kids. I even had my pregnant belly touched by grocery store checkers. I was generally a bit freaked out about it when we lived there, but now I kind of miss it. It's like my baby had all sorts of extended family of all races, ages and social classes taking an interest in her welfare.
    posted by Blogger Allison at 1/12/2006 05:03:00 PM  



  • I'm pregnant with my fourth -- another girl. Thanks for the positive reinforcement. (They really are easier than boys ... right?!)
    posted by Blogger Melissa at 1/13/2006 02:21:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home