17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back to School

Hi. I am having one of those really bad days. Like, I have a headache from crying so much over basically nothing...so to mend and heal my wounds, I am aimlessly internet shopping....but not really aimlessly, actually being a little productive, so I am sharing.

I am a big fan of Mabel's Labels.

Yes, they appear pricey, but honestly....SO worth it.

They stick on everything, stay stuck, don't fade, are microwave, dishwasher, global-warming safe, and they are so nice to have on hand when there is a new school need to have to label.

GONE are the days of pulling out the sharpie and writing the wrong kids name down, or misjudging how much room there is, or having the orange sharpie you used turn pink over time, or rub off completely.

When the babysitter/daycare/school asks you to label everything, these labels are the only way to make that chore FUN.

So...go buy some.

This year I did the Combo pack which includes stickers, stickers for the inside of clothes (Sorry Linz, your girls will now have a different girls' name in their hand -me-downs), and some doggie tags for the backpack, lunchbox and violin case! There are even SHOE labels! Brilliance for the daycare...

And for the first time I googled for an online coupon and found one that worked! I just saved $15.60 on my order which covered the shipping plus 8 more bucks.

The coupon is GB08, and the website is here.

Alright, now to find a new brown flat boot, camera lens for my digital rebel and heck, maybe a new house!

5 Comments:

  • Love the labels - wish I could be Jeannie (from I Dream of...) and make your tears vanish with a nod of the head. If you want to escape to DC, you'll always have a place to stay. Hang in there.
    posted by Blogger hdknowles at 7/25/2008 11:20:00 AM  



  • Thanks for this post and the coupon...I ordered some this morning for my girls who are off to preschool in uniforms this fall!
    Nancy
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 7/25/2008 03:12:00 PM  



  • Quick Question... I have two boys so the younger one is always in hand-me-downs, so I am never really sure what name to put on the tag, both names, just a last name, a phone number...? What do you think?
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 7/25/2008 09:45:00 PM  



  • Good post..! Money saving on back to school shopping with coupon is really a good idea.
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 7/26/2008 02:22:00 AM  



  • anon, I almost ordered one that said Glass Girl on it.....so you could do your last name and Boy.

    Glass Boy
    Smith Boy
    Johnson, Boy

    that might be funny, with a comma.

    Both my girls go to a small school where there are no last names repeated, so that would work.

    Another thing is that you could just put a new label over the old one when it's a hand-me-down...

    I will probably order some labels for my sister and send them to her with the hand-me-downs so that she can cover them with her daughter's names...

    A phone number? That could work too I guess....
    posted by Blogger Kage at 7/26/2008 06:27:00 AM  



Post a Comment

<< Home