17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Thursday, February 08, 2007

It's love

I kissed their cheeks, first Pukey. She complained of her head hurting in her early-morning state, and I suggested removing the plastic headband she had been sleeping with all night. Next I kissed my DH and told him I loved him and thanked him for being so supportive, as I was leaving him alone with the two children, and knew he would have to travel a far far distant with the two crazy little ones. Then I kissed Poopy, who cried when I disturbed her perfectly choreographed fetal position.

As soon as I closed the door I missed them. I missed them the entire two days that I was separated from them, until they got back. I looked at their little toys, little kitchen set, little beds, and couldn't wait for them to get back. I looked at his pillow, his shoes, his dresser top and couldn't wait to hug him.

I love them. Sometimes I don't remember that, but in this moment, on this trip it was overwhelming, and even though the separation was a little painful, I was glad for it, because it reminded me once again why I wake up in the morning and make pancakes, empty the dishwasher, do the laundry in the rain, take her to the doctor, clean up the puke, wipe the poop, play the music, clean up twice a day, read scriptures together, try to be the best I can be. It's because of love.

5 Comments:

  • Yesterday was a long day - nothing unusual, but just a long kid day... thanks for the reminder this morning about why I do this - now I can take on another day with a slightly better attitude
    posted by Blogger Lucy at 2/08/2007 05:40:00 AM  



  • That was a sweet thought Kage. I liked it.
    The missing hubby part I've got down cold. Now who wants to take my boys for the next 5 months so I can see if it really is as bad as Kage says....Anyone, anyone?
    posted by Blogger Mo at 2/08/2007 05:23:00 PM  



  • A nice reminder. I DO love the kids, I DO love the kids :)
    posted by Blogger Sara at 2/08/2007 06:21:00 PM  



  • So sweet. It's nice to have these moments once in a while.
    posted by Blogger This is Carrie at 2/08/2007 07:29:00 PM  



  • Mo Mommy, I wished I lived closer so I could take them...for a while, then you would miss them and want them back.
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 2/09/2007 08:47:00 AM  



Post a Comment

<< Home