17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Friday, February 02, 2007

Cleaning House Part 2

After I posted about cleaning house this past month, I got so upset when I realized that I had left out my most favorite cleaning tip of all time. I had already missed my chance to comment on the thread, and yet I thought it silly to just write a post with one tip. So I invited our posters (listed to the right) to give me their one piece of cleaning advice that they just cannot live without. Here they are:

1. Mine: DAILY SHOWER SPRAY. Seriously, it works. Just keep it in the shower, and do a light mist after every use. In 8 years I have never had to scrub my shower, and my shower of 4 years, that was brand new when I moved in, still looks pretty dang new. I have little preference for which brand. I usually buy the cheapest one. Some are stronger smelling than others, but I think they work a little better. Also, the main thing that I notice different is the spray nozzle....but it doesn't deter me from buying cheap.

2. ksl: keep rags under each bathroom sink for a quick and painless wipedown inbetween actual cleaning jobs. My dad also swears by wiping down the shower fixtures after each shower. cuts the water spots out and you never have buildup

3. TFTCarrie: To make cleaning up food messes under the high chair much easier, get a dog.

Here's my real one -- Use the time while the kids are taking a bath to straighten up the bathroom. I like to keep Method Cleaning Wipes in the bathroom especially for this purpose.

4. happy nanny: Having the carpets and furniture scotch guarded can avoid annoying stain removal.

5. Beth & Jen (almost verbatim of each other): Clorox wipes (or any kind of wipes) in every room (well.... at least in the bathrooms and kitchen). Makes for very easy clean-up.

6. Michelle wanted to remind us of her comment on the last cleaning house post which was to listen to your ipod while cleaning: especially podcasts and audiobooks.

7. Chloe: I was a daily swifferer. I now have the Swiffer Wet Jet so I can go every few days.

I vacuum the main living areas and kids rooms every day, usually before bedtime. A bit excessive but it gets up all the crumbs/art project messes/general living with children grub EVERY day...and when I wake up my floors are all clean.

Also, I simply must have a clean kitchen sink when I go to bed. Again, I am a freak.

7 Comments:

  • No, I'm with you on the kitchen sink- Nothing worse than yesterday's sink yuck the next morning...

    And amen to the Clorox wipes. Love love love them... Even regular baby wipes will work in a pinch.
    posted by Blogger tracy m at 2/02/2007 10:03:00 AM  



  • Great ideas ladies!! Thanks - I've added a few items to my Target shopping list :)
    posted by Blogger Corinne at 2/02/2007 11:12:00 AM  



  • And I can't say enough good things about the whole Method line of cleaning products. Marion and Carrie got me into them and they truly make cleaning up a JOY. They carry the full line at Target - Marion, you've found some other retailers as well that carry the line?
    posted by Blogger Sara at 2/02/2007 11:30:00 AM  



  • My local grocery stores carry a selection of the products,and you can also order them from the method site - here
    posted by Blogger marian at 2/02/2007 01:34:00 PM  



  • I know this is a threadjack, but I am irked that my name is coming up as Sara instead of Chloe...Must remedy...
    posted by Blogger Sara at 2/02/2007 02:48:00 PM  



  • chloe, you have to sign in with google account instead of the old way...it happened to me too before. sorry about the irkedness...I am sure Marian can delete or remedy some how.

    About method...I just bought some wood floor stuff with almond scent, excited to try.
    posted by Blogger Kage at 2/02/2007 04:03:00 PM  



  • Kage,
    What type of stuff do you use on your shower? And do you just spray your shampoo bottles down with it, too? I would LOVE to not fight the shower on a weekly basis!
    Thanks
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 2/06/2007 04:23:00 PM  



Post a Comment

<< Home