17 different women, 36 crazy children, 0 babies in utero
Adventures, Advice and Questions from a group of Mormon women who met in Queens, NY and have now scattered all over the place.
 

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Too cute


Gals, a friend just asked me for my baby gift ideas, and so I just cut and pasted my email back to her here. I know I have written about this in the past, but the list is a bit longer, more comprehensive, and features some of our bloggers here...so if you need ideas for a fun and unique baby gift...check it out.

Well, I always give this crib blanket from spongy feet...it's my fave baby gift right now.

I also love the gift of books. And if the baby is from a certain city, say Chicago, I would put together these books for a gift:

Dragon of Navy Pier

Chicago

night before christmas in chicago

you get the idea....

or you could just get all the sandra boynton board books because they are a hit.

The peanut shell is a fun gift, but you have to make sure it is sized correctly...you can always just provide her with the receipt, they have really great return policies.

The warmsie is another gift that friends of mine do for very cold climates....good long johns...

for something TRULY unique, you need to shop etsy.com. Just search baby and you will have TONS to choose from.

This dine n doodle is more for a toddler, but such a great idea, and a cute gift-topper.

crochet hats for the newborn and the new mom gift to match

random onesies

booties

Baby leg warmers would be such a fun gift, something mom might not buy on her own. These are especially good for baby's born with hip displasia who have to wear a brace (getting pretty common these days, 2 of my friends baby's had it last year), then you can put these on to warm their little leggies...

My FAVE baby socks are trumpette...the site is just crazy cute. The new maryjane rainboots? STOP.

I love these hats. And for that one friend who will get it, I love THIS hat for babies.





8 Comments:

  • I love posts like this because I am always shopping for baby shower gifts these days it seems. I think Spongy Feet is an awesome gift! Also, one of my all-time favorite gifts is a nursing cover from Bebe Au Lait . That website also connects you to Hooter Hiders. They are the best (if the mommy-to-be is planning on breastfeeding).
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 8/09/2007 01:02:00 PM  



  • Thanks for this post. These are some of the cutest things I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to pick up a pair of the mary jane rain boots & hats as Christmas gifts!
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 8/09/2007 11:36:00 PM  



  • Those baby mohawks are freaking awesome.
    posted by Blogger Carina at 8/10/2007 11:23:00 AM  



  • Thanks for this post! I am always looking for interesting gift ideas and I love shopping for my own 2 year old daughter as well. Love the socks, so cute!
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 8/10/2007 01:28:00 PM  



  • we LOVE BabyLegs at our house! They are also the PERFECT shower gift. I always give a fun onesie with coordinating BabyLegs
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 8/13/2007 11:58:00 AM  



  • I love, love, love etsy!

    Great stuff on there. I actually opened my own shop there recently, but until I get the house buying and moving under my belt (and a few more things in the shop), no one can know about it :)

    and you know how much I love the trumpette socks!
    posted by Blogger This is Carrie at 8/17/2007 06:08:00 PM  



  • These are awesome gift ideas you posted here! It's always fun shopping for a newborn baby gift. Just imagine there's this new life about to be born and it's just about to experience the very first material things he'll have in this world. Baby showers are exactly the place where you can hand out your gifts. A wonderfully put together baby gift basket will surely delight the little one. You can put lots of little things in there for the baby, your imagination and budget is the limit! Thanks for this post!
    posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 12/04/2007 06:25:00 PM  



  • I love trumpette socks! They are so adorable. You can make an irresistable baby gift baskets packed with items such as trumpette, booties, baby layette set, plush animals and more! We love adorable baby gifts that are creative useful and goregeous!!
    posted by Anonymous Summer at 7/24/2009 09:12:00 AM  



Post a Comment

<< Home